Cleaning Those Pearly Whites
Updated: Oct 18
· 2–3 tablespoons of organic cacao powder OR bentonite clay OR a combination
· 3 tablespoons organic coconut oil
· 1 tablespoon granulated xylitol
· 10 drops magnesium oil OR trace minerals OR 5 drops of each
· ½ teaspoon calcium powder (calcium phosphate if possible); use a full teaspoon if you don’t use any bentonite clay
· 3 drops clove essential oil
· 3 drops vanilla oil
1. Measure dry ingredients into a small glass or stainless-steel bowl.
2. Add the coconut oil (if it is solid, liquefy it first by setting the container in a bowl of hot water for 10–15 minutes, coconut oil melts at 76 F) and stir until completely combined.
3. Add the liquid ingredients and stir until completely combined. The xylitol crystals may still be visible; that’s fine.
4. Store in a small glass jar with a lid.
To maximize shelf life, use a clean spoon to put the toothpaste onto your toothbrush (rather than dipping the brush into the paste). You can also store your homemade toothpaste in the refrigerator so that it lasts longer. Typically, a remineralizing toothpaste is used once per day.